Sunday, September 27, 2009

mother mary, father time and my old stompin' grounds - chicago trip pt.2


the mother mary lawn display is/was a staple in the chicago neighborhoods I've lived in... I don't/didn't see it alot in most of the places I've traveled, so I wonder if it's just a midwestern thing?



this was the home we owned in hammond, indiana... when the new owner got a look at me, she did the sign of the cross and ran away praying... think I'm kidding?



here's what the current owners spray painted on the door of my studio... it's been on the door for close to 5 years now. it's the third place I've owned or rented that priests have been called in to bless my mess.



I had parents but not a mother or father - this is marie, she owns the bait shop next to our old hammond home... she's one of the ladies I call mom. I miss her, it was great to see her.




standing in the fountain of time, in the middle of chicago, taking pictures... the cops pulled up and then pulled away.... hehehe.



the mass of humanity...



sculpted by Lorado Taft and the white rabbits.




this sculpture stands in chicago's washngton park.



father time and the grim reaper look very similar, no?



for some reason frank lloyd wright is a big deal... I don't like his box style, but this window was ok.



one of the brides of ghost hunter richard crowe... a very entertaining play written by mike flores, the fella behind the psychotronic film society.



my old stompin grounds hasn't changed that much... my memories of the chicago neighborhood bridgeport will always have a place in my heart.



the palmer house is a nice place to hang... such incredible ornamentation and art.

3 Comments:

Blogger Saint Lepus said...

Wasn't there a very civilized Thanksgiving Dinner in the Palmer House several years ago?

September 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM  
Blogger Shane Bugbee said...

yes! amy and myself were just talking about that... man, that was a good day.

September 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger PROJECT A YEAR AT THE WHEEL said...

Shane and Shane - YES! That was a great Thanksgiving!

Miss you Mr Bugbee, parting is such sweet sorrow, can't wait till you are home!

September 28, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

thanx and please - keep checking back for replies and feel free to keep the comments coming!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Wide release Jan 2013 - limited edition Nov 2012o
Name:

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]